Quarterly, on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, MCWA hosts a Volunteer Examiner (VE) testing session to obtain or upgrade you Amateur Radio license. The sessions are in the months of February, May, August, and November. The sessions will be open for walk-in’s between 19:00 and 20:00 CST.
Please contact Steve Maresso (KB9OLD) 847-477-3518 with questions and to confirm the session.
Free Methodist Church
934 N. Seminary
Woodstock, Il. 60098
- Cost is $15.00. (Cash, or check made payable to ARRL)
- You must show a valid Government Issued Photo ID (Passport, Driver License or State ID Card) for identification.
- Social Security Number or FRN number required.
- If initial test element is passed, the person testing may continue to take the next test element(s) at no extra charge during the given session.
- Retesting of an element failed during the same test session will require payment of an additional $15.00 test fee.
- If upgrading, you must show your original, and provide copy, of Amateur Radio license and/or CSCE